Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fresh Start

Thanks to all of you for your kind and encouraging words!  Today will be a fresh start for me as I do a new post and give you the opportunity to respond.
Some of you are experiencing depression right now and I will pray for you.  I would highly recommend light therapy.  The one I have is by Sphere and I have truly felt better this January than is many past Januaries. I turn it on while I am doing email in the morning and have it sitting on an end table next to where I sit on the sofa.  Of course, we have had several great days of natural light and I know that improves my mood as well.  This time last year I was in such despair that I felt suicidal.  We had a time of anointing with oil and being prayed over by an elder of the church and I went forward to prayer to be healed of my despair....  I have done this in the past without any change but this time I had felt the nudging of the Spirit to go forward and the next day I felt as though a dark cloud had lifted.  I haven't felt that heavy depression since that day.  I have mood swings and weeks of great lethargy but not the crushing depression that I have had many times in the past.  God does His part but I must also do my part: take my meds, get plenty of sleep, eat healthy and get regular exercise.  Right now my foot has a strained arch which is making it impossible to walk the treadmill which is my go to.  I could ride our stationery bike but for some reason that would feel like punishment to me :)  I hate that bike.
What are the rest of you doing to stay on an even keel?  One of our ladies is interested in looking for a Zumba class.  Does anyone know where we can find one close by?  I know the clip looks like it is for people under the age of 21 since it is so energetic but we could see if we could get a class : Zumba for Dummies and those over the age of 40.  We have a few younger people in our group who could do the regular class but I might need a chiropractor after that one!
We are looking to get together and go see Joyful Noise together.  When does it come out,  I forget?  A few of you are looking for a new psychiatrist and having trouble since it seems that everyone is "Not taking new patients..."  If you know of anyone who is accepting new patients let us know.
I am interested in getting an e reader some day.  I mentioned this in an old post but that was back when we were literally all on a "different page" :0  If you have any suggestions for one let me know. I could google it but it is so much better to talk to people directly!
I hope today is a really good day for all of you....

4 comments:

  1. The movie opens Jan 13. It will be crazy crowded that weekend. Maybe we can go Sunday the 22nd. Barb can go that day. I think Jamie's tied up on Saturdays if I remember correctly. I'm free any time of the day. The Gahanna theater would be nice. Less crowds. I think Donna's going. There was someone else ... It was mentioned on the old blog. I forget who. Stephanie, I've heard good things about the Nook color. You can download library books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes , I like the theatre in Gahanna too. I agree that we shouldn't go the weekend it comes out. How early can we look up times it will be playing?
    I will check out the Nook. I definitely want to download things from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne Hasbrouck is taking new patients. Two of our ladies go to her and like her. I believe that she is a nurse practitioner and can prescribe meds just like your psychiatrist unless they are controlled substances. Her # is 614-431-1767.
    Several of you are voting for going to the movies on Sunday the 22nd. So I think we will do that this month instead of a meeting. If anyone needs some one on one I can try to meet with you individually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Showtimes ... One week before.

    ReplyDelete